Sunday, March 8, 2015

3 Easy Ways to Liven Up Your Living Space!

Since I was a kid, I've always loved decorating my bedroom, making crafts, and creating a space for myself that I feel welcomed and at home. Our financial situation right now hasn't allowed us to purchase all of the decor pieces that we would like to, so I've picked a few small ways to fancy up our home, and make it feel homie! Here are my top 3 ways that I use to liven up our home! 

1. Plants.

For my first birthday I remember asking for a plant. My mom filled our home with plants, and our backyard was complete with 6 or 7 large flower gardens, and 1 or 2 vegetable gardens. The simple life that thrived in our house was just so inspiring.

Now, my home is crawling with little plants, and I couldn't be happier! I will admit, plants do come with some small responsibilities, but they will bless you with light and life if you care for them! I highly recommend starting off with some succulents and cacti, if you're new to plant caring. Ikea has some beautiful (and super cheap!) tiny little cacti and succulents that just add such a cool vibe to your living space. Succulents are also a great way to spruce up a small space, if you're in an apartment, or still living at home with your parents!

Here are a few of my favorite plants that we have around our home:





2. Something you made.

I'm a huge believer in the warmth creativity brings to a home. Not only does it bring a personal, unique aspect to a home, DIY projects are great conversation starters for when you invite guests over!

My favorite DIY piece that I have in my home is one of the first things you see when you walk in the door, my pallet shelf!



This was a longer project, and one that took some man power, but it's such a fun piece to decorate, and it just looks so unique, not to mention homie! *if you want a tutorial on this, let me know!*

For all you small living space folks out there, don't be discouraged! When I lived with my parents I accessorized my room with paintings by yours truly! Seriously, go to your local craft store OR dolarama to pick up a few canvases and a small amount of acrylic paint and you're set!


This was one of the first paintings I ever created, and it's still in my house today!


3. Candles!

This is probably the easiest way to make your living space a big more chic, and lively! Having a flicker of light and a wash of your favorite scent can completely change the mood of a room, not to mention many candles come in cute little containers! 

Target has a great selection and a wide range of pricing. If you're on a budget, purchase scentless candles, or candles with little scent payoff, they'll be the least expensive and will still look beautiful! My personal favorites are of course, Bath & Body Works candles, but I only ever buy them when they're on sale. I might do a full post on my favorite scents from there soon so stay tuned!



Let me know if any of these tricks work for you! 

xx
Sarah Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment