Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Relationship/Engagement Story!

Kyle and I dated seriously for a year and a half before we got engaged. We actually met in the weirdest way I could ever have imagined meeting my soulmate bff person. The story goes like this:

It was Thanks Giving here in Canada which usually is the first or second weekend of October. My step sister, Jenn, had invited her long time boyfriend, Chris, and we were all hanging out and having a few beverages. My dad and his wife went to bed early but we all stayed up to hang out. Chris ended up calling his older brother Kyle to bring him his alcohol that he had left at home, and somehow I ended up on the line with Kyle trying to convince him to come hang out. At this point, Kyle was 24, and I was 17.

After intense persuasion, he ended up driving over (he was still living at his parent's house not far from my dad's) and we convinced him to come inside and hang out. He didn't quite know my age yet but he know I was a lot younger than him so he was a bit wary, but we hit it off right away. We ended up pranking Chris a few times, and just laughing and having a really good time. He knew how to play one classical song on the piano so he played me that and you betcha I swooned. After that, he went home and I didn't think much else of it, because I couldn't fathom that he would actually be interested in someone so young. 

The next day, Jenn went to Chris and Kyle's family's Thanks Giving dinner and started talking me up. Little did I know, when she was texting me asking what I thought of Kyle, she was relaying the message right to Kyle (I actually said "omg yeah he's goooorgeous," and yes she showed him that). Still though, I didn't think anything would actually happen because I just figured he was so unattainable!

Next thing I know, Jenn is setting us up on a double date with her and Chris. We went to a stir fry place that's super popular in our city, and we, yet again, had an amazing time. We went on 5 or 6 dates after that alone, then he came over to my house a few times to watch movies with my family, and then he asked me to be his girlfriend.

About 6 months later, he bought a house in the city, and a month after that we went to the Humane Society and picked out our very first puppy. Commitment was pretty quick after that and we both knew that was it for us, we were going to get married some day.

After a year and a half of dating, Kyle asked me to marry him on Christmas Eve of 2013. I moved in with him shortly after the engagement, we got another dog and cat, and our life together started there! It's been a year and two months since our engagement, and the wedding is in four months!!! I can't believe how crazy this ride has been and I'm so blessed to have found my person at such a young age. I can't wait to share more of our story with you!




xx
Sarah Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment